The international Master in light sciences and technologies is part of the UB Graduate School in Light Sciences and Technologies selected as a French Excellence Initiative. It provides a multidisciplinary environment for first-class research and education as well as for the generation of knowledge and innovation in light Sciences and Technologies.
- Integrated and trans-disciplinary education program provided by academic and industrial experts, embedded in the Bordeaux cross-fertilizing research environment, and adapted to the professions of tomorrow in photonics industries.
- An intersectoral and immersive training for students, thanks to the strong involvement of 13 research laboratories and the industrial R&D centers of the field.
- An extensive hands-on training to give the graduates the most valuable professional attributes, given in state of the art research facilities and infrastructures.
- Dual Master degree opportunities with Canada and IOGS.
- International mobility and/or training in industry.
- Support from the International Masters program within the Bordeaux “Initiative of Excellence” and the French National Research Agency.
Every student will also benefit during the four semesters of an individual tutorship program. Innovation and entrepreneurship transversal trainings will also be proposed.
After graduation, students are fully prepared to pursue doctoral studies and a career in research. They may also work as scientists or R&D engineers within the industrial field.
Associated business sectors :
Academic research domains :
- Light sources.
- Laser processing and 3D manufacturing.
- Sensors and multi-responsive detection systems.
- Smart and reconfigurable integrated photonics systems based on innovative hybrid nanotechnologies.
- Optical components and devices manufacturing.
- Innovative optical materials.
- Pharmaceutical companies (drug screening and testing).
- Extreme Regimes of Light.
- Light Generation Manipulation & Detection.
- Light Imaging & Biophotonics.
Other possible activities :
- Teaching, education and dissemination of scientific knowledge.
- Linking public and private actors in research, development and marketing.
- Participating in the purchase and investment of scientific equipment.